Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dancing is Evil


I want all of you to know here and now that I do not approve of dancing. In fact, I wholeheartedly disapprove of dancing. The problem of dancing, particularly among youth, has been something our society has had to cope with for many decades. However, I feel dancing is more problematic now than ever. The problem of dancing is not just going to go away. We can either try to ignore dancing, or we can try to deal with the problem by passing laws forbidding it. For those of you who do not feel that dancing is such a big problem, then allow me to reeducate you, and if you will not be reeducated, then, God willing, I will some day be in a position of imposing a mandatory reeducation of all of you who are too permissive of dancing. Dancing is a great sin and a very horrible vice because it degrades the common morality and degrades traditional Christian values, and it encourages our young people to have sex. It also directly encourages homosexuality. Dancing is also responsible for abortions, because I am quite certain that more dancers have abortions than non-dancers. Most troublesome is the fact that when communities allow dancing, the dances become like a horrible cancer that grows and multiplies, eventually overtaking the entire community. And eventually, if left unchecked by a harsh and wise and good community Christian reverend, the dancing will turn the entire town into a cesspool of obscene gyrations and sexual perversion. If you don't think that this happens, and you don't believe that dances have the potential to spread like cancer across our towns and communities, then I suggest that you watch the movie Footloose. I also suggest that you remember the year 1996, which was the Year of The Macarena. That year, The Year of The Macarena, was, in my great opinion, a cultural nadir for this country and, from the standpoint of values and morals, one of the lowest points in our nation's history. That was the year that Bill Clinton was reelected and that Madeline Albright, UN ambassador, and later Secretary of State, stood up in the United Nations and danced The Macarena. Also, that evil man, former VP Al Gore, also danced The Macarena. The Macarena was an evil dance that spread across our land and around the world overtaking entire nations. I remember those horrible times all too well. It was a shameful time even for me, because I remember driving my SUV down the road when I accidentally tuned the radio to a station playing The Macarena, and when the song played, I remember sitting there in the SUV and the beats and the rhythms of that evil devil music caused me to move and gyrate involuntarily in rhythm to the beat! Oh the shame!!! To this very day, I still beg the Lord for forgiveness for that indiscretion.

Now, I want to explain to you the social-cultural and secular forces that cause dancing to take over our communities. You see, when a new rock song or a new beat is inspired by the devil in the mind of some godless young person, that youngster will then play this music his friends and eventually market it to the whole community. The same thing happens with dancing. You see, when a new dance comes along, a few people will try it, like trying a drug, and that dance will then be tried by others, and it will eventually spread to youngsters all over the community because they think that it is "cool" or "radical" or "gnarly" or "Xtreme", as all of the so-called "Xtreme" teens out there would say. So, pretty soon, all of the youngsters are dancing in the streets, and in the homes and in the schools, and perhaps even in church! Picture it!!! Sex-crazed, drug-addled youngsters all hopped up on Pixy-Stix and MoonPies, committing acts of sin and vice, their sweating bodies pulsating and gyrating, and moving, and grooving to the devilish sounds of the latest beat!!! I call upon all of you to put an end to this insanity at once!

32 Comments:

Blogger Led Head said...

Quoting Nathaniel: "...if you will not be reeducated, then, God willing, I will some day be in a position of imposing a mandatory reeducation of all of you who are too permissive of dancing."

And exactly how do you plan to do that? Or do you even have a plan?

Nah, I doubt it. You're just spouting off more steam.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

led head -- that was the good doctor's post, not mine. but in his defense, he, like I, see how we Christians are equipping ourselves and organizing, such that one day, God willing, we will be able to drag sinners out of their homes and re-educate them.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Led Head said...

Nathaniel, what you said about Christians equipping themselves and organizing reeks of terrorism. Plain and simple.

I don't think it will ever happen in this country, because people will never allow it. You see, too many of us are still protected by Smith and Wesson, and I'd dammed sure call on them if anyone ever attempted to drag me from my home and into the streets, for any reason! That is my right!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

...I can see it now, Parnell doing the Macarena. It is indeed a horrible picture. I think people like him should be banned from dancing, if only because the thought of it disturbs me. (End sarcasm...)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Led Head said...

You know what's even scarier? The thought of Parnell and Nathaniel working in a male strip club. People would probably pay them to put their clothes back on.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

led-head -- i'll give you that, at least in the case of the good doctor. while he is certainly a great man and brilliant thinker, he's let himself go over the years. unlike women, however, he has not allowed his deteriorating looks to bring him to the side of the Devil.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Led Head said...

Nathaniel: "i'll give you that, at least in the case of the good doctor. while he is certainly a great man and brilliant thinker, he's let himself go over the years."

Great man? Brilliant thinker? I hardly think so.

As for letting himself go? How would you know?

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only problem with dancing is you probably cant do it, and thats not my problem, its yours "good doctor"

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this a real argument? this has to be a joke... this just makes my skin crawl to hear someone so vicious and homicidal about Dancing? Sex? All natural human activity. Didn't God tell Lot to turn away and leave the sinners to their own ways and He will take care of them? On pain of joining Them in their punishment?! At least that was my interpretation...
Crazy man, your God is obviously Willing the world to Dance, if you haven't joined them, you may be the only one left in that city.
~Good Witch~

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.
You funny man you! Tears of joy may flow watching this incredible video. Dance everybody, everytbody dances all over the world! Matt is cool, it’s good to see that he’s still out there cruising around. Leave him a comment about his evil dancing. LOL! I’m sure he’ll appreciate it. Great job Matt! Stay safe out there! Keep dancing!
.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
outlaw ALL dancing

moving bodies to music
must be seen as evil

.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
rock and roll is evil

it's the devil's best music
and dancing to it is sin

.
absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
only Earthlings may dance

it is simply forbidden
elsewhere in the Universe

.
Famous 'Where is Matt' Dancing Videos!
.
Matt Was in New York City!
.
Philosophy of Liberty Cartoon
.
USpace

:)
.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gyrating has reached extreme proportions already. It is prevalent in our middle and high schools now. Suggestive videos playing with Administration and chaperones nearby, and unresponsive.
Only a very small percentage of students (2-5%) in attendance are able to enjoy their right to attend their school dance, and maintain self control and dance respectfully on the sidelines.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe this has been taken way out of proportion. It depends what you're dancing to, how you're dancing, who you're dancing with, and what your intentions are. If you were with your spouse alone then you can be as raunchy as you like lol.
And what about all the verses in the Bible about dancing to show worship to God?? I'm sorry but you seem to have lumped all dancing into the one pile of evil and that is just way too far.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dancing (plain dancing) is not evil. We could dance through Amazing Grace or My Savior, My God, or any other Christian song. Dancing becomes evil if it expresses sex. But if it doesn't, then of course it's not. If it expresses God, then all the better! It can also be a way of praise to Him, just like Christian songs, Christian books, Christian things offered to Jesus. Try to make your message/argument clearer. The people in the house are mistaking you. :) God bless! :)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, I'm gonna keep dancing and dick slapping My sinful-self across the nation, Thank You.=]

Oh, and I'm doing the funk chunk for all You athiests out there. Stay real.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Introibo Ad Altare Dei said...

I wish people would go to the Catholic Church for all questions pertaining to religion and spirituality, instead of some deluded minister with no real education or no authority to teach given to them from St.Peter and his successors

5:33 PM  
Blogger Matthew J Keller said...

I Personally a's a male Christian ballet dancer can say that you are a hypocrite. HOw about you actually read the bible in it's fullness not manipulative purposes to feed your hateful heart.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to say this: I am a dancer. I dance for myself, by myself. I am a good dancer. However I am also a fire dancer, massage therapist, holistic healer, lightworker, and a reverend of the universal life church and ongoing starseed from a pure source of divinity. I love all and choose to live my life with balance, harmony, peace, love and understanding amongst the masses. I live with chaos yet it does not affect me. I am in an understanding term and lifestyle that most can relate to. I live by my standards, freely and openly as to create my surroundings by establishing heaven upon Earth. I love God, and goddess divine I am.
Doesn't mean I'm gonna go get an abortion and fuck everyone in town just because I dance. I am a respected individual with morals and life lessons having set my way just because I am a dancer. Not just any dancer. I am an artist. Musician. Writer. Singer. But you know what I choose to live my life doing? Saving animals. Yep. That's what I do.

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sinning is a form of verbal abuse. You leave your opinions to yourself and watch like a good child of god. Blessed Be..
Just to add to my previous...

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Redeemed said...

I agree that the dancing the world is doing nowadays is very evil and is ruining our young people ! Woe be to our churches that have allowed the contemporary and liberal music into our churches with people swaying back and forth as if under some spell. There is an evil spirit is this worldly music. The evidence speaks for itself. There is dancing that is mentioned in the Bible (such as when David danced before the ark), but it is NOT the same dancing and musical rhythms that people are dancing to today. One doesn't need to look far or dig too deep to see where most of these dances and musical rhythms came from.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a fucking retard my good sir.
That´s all I have to say!

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a fucking retard my good sir.
That´s all I have to say!

3:56 AM  
Blogger Jeremiah said...

First off, Sin isn't just verbal abuse, it is any act that God forbids, period.
Second, I don't believe music is evil nor is Christian Rock music evil in and of itself. Everyone who says that it is evil always has the same argument. "This person did this at this time and they got addicted so it is all completely the music/dancing's fault." When it is the PERSON'S own fault for taking it to far.That being said, it says in Romans 14 that we shouldn't judge others by what they eat or what day is their Sabbath because ultimately that doesn't effect our Walk with God or our Salvation. Quite frankly this article does a lot of chastening without much Biblical evidence. Honestly I can't take this very seriously with the way it was written.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Mike Hunt said...

Jesus Christ...the author is so anal retentive, he could put a piece of coal up his butt and crap a diamond...life is too short, lighten up.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Tim Simms said...

All I know is that when Salome danced, John lost his head!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bro you sound mentally ill. God gives everyone free will. Who are you to want to take that free will away by mandating the cessation of music? You are not God you cant impose your will upon people. You are a religious fanatic/hypocrite

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do realize that the Psalms clearly state dancing is a way of praising God. Everything can be used in the wrong way. Singing, speaking, laughing etc. Everything can be perverted. Dancing in and out of itself isn't evil.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE: "led head -- that was the good doctor's post, not mine. but in his defense, he, like I, see how we Christians are equipping ourselves and organizing, such that one day, God willing, we will be able to drag sinners out of their homes and re-educate them."

Sort of like what the Nazis did to the Jews. Better look back in your history books and see how Christians were treated when they were a minority. Christianity is dying off due to extremist views such as these.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The blogger can't be a Christian Read Psalm 30:11 David danced before the Lord. Psalm 149:3 Psalms 150:4 So before you criticize dancing, learn to read the bible

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Eosphoros said...

You are insane. Nathaniel, sweetheart, do you even science?

7:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

#akkadia (*)alighn david(*) bonjour

4:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jesus loves everythin..dancing is apart of everything..ur perception is worped guy u should have just made a small Facebook status instead u made a Web page for people to forever mock you..you probably can't dance so you got mad and used the bible...dancing is losing ur body to the vibrations..and alot of dancing means things interpretive dancing...I couldn't even read everything u said because of how uneducated you are...

9:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hypocrite.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home