Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

I've been to Mardi Gras many times to preach to the inebriated masses, to condemn them for the sin of revelry and drunkenness. If I were to clone myself, I'd clone thousands upon thousands and send all of my God-fearing replicas to all of the bars and saloons and road houses across the country to scold and protest those that waste their precious time altering their mind instead of giving thanks to the Lord by praying, by spreading the word, by living a life worthy of Him. And then I read this article and was immediately appalled. Imagine a so-called Christian preacher going to bars not to condemn, but as a meeting place of like-minded "Christians!" It's very disheartening the way Christians are so willing to twist their faith in a misguided attempt to attract people to the Lord. No true Christian would promote drinking among the faithful. Which is why I am quite sure those responsible for what's happening in Alexandria, VA are not Christians at all, but Devilworshipers attempting to deceive we Christians into a life of sin. While the Christians consume alcohol, the Devil is whispering in their ear; and because their minds have been weakened by drinking, they are unable to combat subliminal messages that reach their heart and make it impenetrable to the love of Jesus Christ. It does not surprise me in the least that the preachers appear to be all Catholic. For it is the Catholic church that came out in support of evolution. And the pope's latest encyclical is further evidence of the Church's evil intent. In it he claims that love reduced to pure sex reduces the human body to a commodity, which leads to "the debasement of the human body." But this suggests that there is something wrong with the human body as a commodity; for in a way that is exactly what it is and should be. Men and women who enter into sexual relationships should not be concerned about love; they should care only about producing magnificent children that will serve the Lord. And this requires, not love, but that men size their women up to make sure they will make good wives and produce many healthy children; in other words, examine them as though they are commodities to be bought and sold. In the times of yesteryear that is exactly what was done, as men routinely bought their wives or were even paid to take them. Love is wasted on women and men; it should be saved for God. The evilness of the pope can also be seen in his love for fashion. Just look at his Prada shoes and marvel at the extent to which homosexuality has overtaken the Church. It is not merely coincidence that, as the sexual abuse scandals plague his priests, the new pope expresses a sudden love for a truly homosexual domain - fashion.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You talk about it's horrible when a mother doesn't love her aborted children, and yet you berate love and say it's pointless unless it's given to God. Which is it? Get your story straight and then try posting something intelligent, and not based in biased, self righteous hate.

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*correction. You talk about HOW it's horrible ect. ect.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

ryven -- oh, you almost got me; but, no, what you've actually done is confuse my two different meanings of love. one must love God with their whole heart; however, the love one gives to their wives and children is more dedication than love: dedication to making them follow a righteous path. that is why when they stray from said righteous path it is okay to punish them severely. it is also why said straying will make a man depressed, for it is he who is at least partially responsible for this failure to God.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, not really. I'd say the love I give my fiance is more an equal share of love and dedication. I love my fiance with all my heart, which is why we're going to marry. I'm dedicated to my fiance *because* I love him, and because he loves me just as much. Not because I like the idea of being a babymachine for my future husband and God.

Dedication has to have love first. You can't be truly dedicated to something without at least liking it. Which is why arranged marriages were often miserable. Or why most people hate their jobs. You can't be dedicated to something you don't have a sliver of liking to.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

ryven -- your marriage is certainly going to end in divorce or at least extreme unhappiness, because you don't truly love your fiance. your "love" is only desire, and you are condemned in the eyes of God. the tortures of hell will certainly make you regret your turning away from the obligations of womanhood and whoring yourself for the temporary satisfaction of being "liked" and engaging in sinful acts.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, my marriage is going to end in unhappiness because we love each other? MmmHmm.

It's very obvious that you've never experienced any sort of real love, or else your opinion wouldn't be easily swayed by the likes of an obsessive fire and brimstone preacher.

I love my fiance very, very much, and we've been extremely happy for the last 3 years. I was never much a fan of the idea of marriage until I met him, and realized that all I had to do was meet the right person. And we will continue to be so because we love first, and desire second.

I'm not sure where you got this "desire" thing out of love, but you're sorely mistaken.

And the only obligation I have as a woman is to love the man I chose to spent the rest of my life with, and to be faithful to him. As is the obligations he has to me. I have not "whored" myself out to anyone. He is the first and only man I've ever been with, and it will continue to be that way. To "whore" one's self out is to accept money for temporary moments of passion, and I've done nothing of the sort.

But say what you need to say. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Berate me all you want. All I know is that I feel happier and more fulfilled than I've ever felt with this man, and that can't be a bad thing.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home