Friday, December 02, 2005

Zero Tolerance for Blasphemy

People, I have become quite disturbed by the blasphemy that I have been reading in the comments concerning the posts on this site. There is no excuse for such willful and premeditated blasphemy, and all of you who hold such liberal and secular beliefs should be subjected to severe corporal punishment, not unlike the judicial canings meted out to criminal offenders in Singapore. In writing for this site, I have never once pretended to believe that America is a perfect nation, or even a favored nation, in the eyes of the Lord. However, we are definitely less of an abomination than say Canada or Europe. My thesis has always been that we must return to our righteous past in order to become favored by God. Therefore, I have called for a "harkening back" to the "days of yore". I have discussed this topic at length in previous posts. I have implied that the way to return to our righteous past from days of yore is to simply look back to colonial times and reinstate some of the laws and policies that governed righteous Christian societies back then. Particular emphasis should be placed on the church-state sanctioned laws that were in force in colonial Massachusetts. Colonial Massachusetts was clearly the most righteous of all the colonial societies. Back then, one of the key policies for ensuring that society remained dedicated to only the strictest Christian values was the policy of severe corporal and physical punishment for offenders of the church. This is a policy that should be reinstated today. Reinstating this one policy would not solve all this country’s problems, but it would go a long way!!! In many ways, I believe many of the Eastern societies have a FAR better system in place, in this regard. The perfect examples of this are Singapore and Malaysia. Offenders in these states are frequently subject to the penalty of judicial caning. I believe a good caning would go a long way toward putting many of you on the righteous path. You probably resent this assessment. Well TOUGH!!! I don’t care what you resent!!! Neither does God! A good old-fashioned caning is all you need! I am sick and tired of the secular psycho-babbling, the "everything goes" outlook towards life, "I’m OK, You’re OK", "lets all just be happy with magical gum-drop smiles and listen to Final Fantasy music"! (I saw that on of a site run by one of you.) The creators of Final Fantasy games are destined for eternal hell-fire, and if you were smart you’d give up the Final Fantasy tunes and replace them with somber and righteous mid-nineteenth century church hymns from the days of yore!!! A particular hymn that I highly recommend is "Nearer, My God to Thee" - A truly righteous old-time Christian hymn, indeed! But make no mistake about it, Final Fantasy is evil, because it promotes a religion based on worshiping of the "planet", and souls returning to some "planetary life stream", and other such blasphemy. Nonsense like this is one of the many tools that the devil uses to try to deceive us and lead us away from God, our one and only God who reigns in Heaven NOW and FOREVER MORE!!! Hallelujah to the Lamb of GOD!!!

14 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

I have a question - whare are your thoughts on songs such as "Beautiful Letdown" by the Christian band Switchfoot?

I think you may like it. Or hate it less than other things.

In either case, please give it a listen - I am curious to know your thoughts.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky?" You may hate that less than you hate other things too.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parnell: it seems to me that you're suffering tremendously from a teminal case of cranial-rectal inversion. I'm afraid the only cure for this is to take your cane and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

Need I remind you of the reason the puritans came here to begin with? They were thrown out of England and Europe because the people there couldn't tolerate them! So they came here and made life pure hell for the Native Americans.

Maybe you and your handful of followers are "harkening back" to the "days of yore," but I can tell you here and now it ain't never gonna happen! Needless to say, if you feel the sudden urge to move to Singapore (or Iraq or Afghanistan), by all means do. And as George Jefferson used to say: "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!"

12:15 AM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

celestina -- native americans made life pure hell for themselves. their downfall was a direct result of tree and spirit worshipping. God sent the Puritans to the New World to cleanse it and begin anew with righteousness.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

kia/des -- i've never heard either of those songs, but i probably would hate them as much as most things, given that they are rock music.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think so!

Do you really hate "most things?" Because if this is the case, you and Parnell must be very miserable people. I pity you.

2:51 AM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

celestina -- i pity you, for you are the one that is going to experience eternal hellfire, not me. and hating most things does not make us miserable, because we hate them in the name of God, which gives us great pleasure to know that our dislike is a direct result of loving the Lord.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Dr. JD Parnell said...

The Lord our God sent forth the Puritans to establish good Christian colonies in Massachusetts. The evil idol worshipping natives who got in the way were to be annihilated and rightfully so. The Lord our God then inspired in our leaders the vision of the "manifest destiny", whereby our righteous American Christian society would spread from sea to shining sea, purgung the land of all barbaric idol-worshipping native cultures. These cultures were rightfully seen as a cancer on our great Chritian land, a land that was once destined to become a shining beacon of light and truth for the whole world to behold, a shining city on hill...

Alas, those days are long gone, and we are left with a pathetic, secular, compromising, politically correct society that attemps to reward and revive heathen cultures and destroy our righteous traditional Christian family communities. People like Celestina are responsible for this. To these people: You must HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!!! I absolutely demand it. I would also remind you that my name is The Rev., Dr. Parnell, and I demand that when you address me you properly include my credentials in front of my name!!!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Jesus loves everything, and you are a strict follower of him and his word, why do you hate everything except traditional mid ninteenth century Christian Hymns, wholesome values, and the days of yore? Are you not a sinner becuase of this hatred? Will you not burn in hell for posessing this level of hate?

5:00 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Switchfoot is not really rock music, as I would call it. They kind of blend into several genres. Oh well, here's the lyrics, in any rate.

"It was a beautiful letdown
When I crashed and burned
When I found myself alone, unknown and hurt
It was a beautiful letdown
The day I knew
That all the riches this world had to offer me
Would never do

In a world full of bitter pain and bitter doubt
I was trying so hard to fit in, fit in
Until I found out
That I don't belong here (I don't belong)
I don't belong here (I don't belong)
I will carry a cross and a song
Where I don't belong, I don't belong

It was a beautiful letdown
When you found me here
Yeah for once in a rare blue moon
I see everything clear

I'll be a beautful letdown
That's what I'll forever be
And though it may cost my soul
I'll sing for free
We're still chasing our tails in the rising sun
In our dark water planet still spinning in a race where
No one wins and no one's won

See I don't belong here
I don't belong, I don't belong
I will carry a cross and a song
Where I don't belong, I don't belong
I don't belong here, I don't belong here
I don't belong here, I don't belong
I'm gonna set sight and set sail for the kingdom come
Kingdom come
Your kingdom come
Won't you let me down yeah
Let my foolish pride
Forever let me down

Ah, easy living, you're not much like your name
Easy dying, hey you look just about the same
Would you please take me off your list easy living
Please come on and let me down

We are a beautiful letdown
Painfully uncool
The church of the drop outs, the losers, the sinners, the failures, and the fools
Oh what a beautiful letdown
Are we salt in the wound
Hey, let us sing one true tune, yeah

I don't belong here (I don't belong)
I don't belong here (I don't belong)
I don't belong here (I don't belong)
Feels like I don't belong here (I don't belong)
Yeah I don't belong here (I don't belong)
Cuz I don't belong here (I don't belong)
No I don't belong

Would you let me down
Come on and let me down
You always let me down
So glad that I'm let down, yeah

Come on and let me down
Cuz I don't belong to you
Please
Won't you let me down?"

I am curious to know what you think.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

des -- not too bad for rock music lyrics. the only thing is that rock music accompanying the lyrics might hide the message. often times we are led astray by things pretending to be something they are not. that's the way the antichrist will rise upon the earth. one must be careful to examine everything with that in mind.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*holds her head high*

"And he huffed, and he puffed, and he BBBBBLLLLEEEEEEWWWWWWWW the door down!"

Be glad, Parnell, that I call you by your name at all! Calling you a toerag would be giving you a compliment you don't deserve!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Like I said before though, is not really "rock" music, as I would define it. At least from a musical standpoint, it is very light on guitar. It is true that they do have some songs that are a little heavier, closer to the rock that I know, but many, if not all of their songs can be related to Christ. As well, the band members themselves are strong Christians.

Anyway, you might like the lyrics of some of their other songs (if not the songs themselves). "Redemption" or "Meant To Live", especially.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Dr. JD Parnell said...

Des - I find the lyrics to be marginally acceptable, and therefore would permit them inside a traditional Christian setting. However!! - Since the tunes and beats accompanying this music must surely be of the so called "rock and roll" variety, I can not, in my virtuous and true wisdom, permit such a song to be played in my presence! A while back, I posted a message to all the teens about the dangers of "rock and roll", "Xtreme" dance moves, and cynical belligerent attitudes. It is my contention that any form of rock music, even if it has acceptable lyrics, could potentially have a corrupting influence on young minds - young minds that need to be maintained in a virtuous state in order to steer clear of eternal hell fire.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home