Friday, December 09, 2005

Narnia Chronicles -- A Review

So last night I saw the midnight showing of the Narnia Chronicles in order to give a show of support for beautiful Christian allegory, a story that is responsible, in many ways, for the good Christian I have become. I first read the books at the age of 11, and only after growing up just enough to realize that fairy tales -- so able mesmerize children with false hopes of distant lands and magic -- did not really exist. I was horrified by this realization, having always dreamed of falling down a rabbit hole or being possessed with magical powers; and suddenly life seemed so disappointing. But that was until I read the Narnia Chronicles. Not because I envisioned finding a magic wardrobe that could transport me into some fake fairy tale land, but because (after a little explanation from my mother) I was suddenly able to appreciate the glory and power of Jesus. The idea that Jesus, just like Aslan, sacrificed his life for the life of his people brought tears to my eyes. It made me realize that Jesus' rising from the dead, like Aslan's, was almost like a fairy tale, only more powerful, deeper, the way Aslan's deep magic is so much stronger than the witch's. Later in life, as I struggled with what it meant to be a true Christian, I looked to the books again, taking special pleasure in the scene where Aslan makes Peter kill the wolf. It was so symbolic of what I knew should be done to all that threatens the peace and harmony of our Christian world.

As the movie started last night, though, I was terrified by what I saw. Not so much by the movie, itself, which, as it turns out, was very disappointing; -no, I was terrified because the theater I went to was nearly empty in comparison to Harry Potter IV. At Potter, a movie that is essentially a celebration of witchcraft and wizardry, a movie that is really no more than a blatant attempt by witches to poison the minds of children and adults alike, four theaters were sold out, filled with old and young. This was certainly not the case last night, where Narnia only managed to fill half a theater. God, I was disturbed; for obviously the sheer numbers of the Potter release and lack thereof at Narnia suggest witchcraft and sorcery has so corrupted the minds of the public, the power of good Christian themes to draw a crowd has been substantially reduced. Before the likes of Potter and his evil gang of witches, Narnia would have drawn millions to theater, even if the first showing were at 2am. Not any more. No longer, it appears, can it draw young minds to the magic of the Bible, planting the seeds of good Christian soldiers in their minds, so they too recognize that we must fight attacks against our faith. Instead, it appears Potter and its practitioners of Devil worship have done, in their own way, what the witch does in Narnia -- made it so it is always winter but never Christmas.

After seeing the movie, though, I wonder if, maybe, it's not a good thing the theater wasn't packed, for it was not a good movie. The acting was superb, especially when compared to the little devils that play Harry Potter and friends, but the music and production were awful, more fit for a made for tv movie. The Witch's palace looked like something out of an early 80's fantasy movie, and the costumes and special effects paled in comparison to something like Lord of the Rings. And God, that music!!! Terrible New Age filth! The director did such a terrible job, by the end I had to wonder if Disney did not purposefully create a disaster of a film. They are, after all, responsible for "Gay Day" at Disney World and, especially in the last decade or so, produced some of the most filthy movies ever. They are such a part of liberal Hollywood, I imagine the witches, sorcerers, and devil worshipers on their board of directors having a good chuckle about the whole thing. In any event, I'm so mad about the movie, I'm now more inspired than ever by Aslan commanding Peter to kill the wolf, for the horribleness of Narnia is certainly a direct attack on the Christian faith. That is why I urge all true Christians and lovers of the Narnia Chronicles to boycott Disney...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I don't see why Disney would purposely make a film that would lose them money. After all, that would defeat their purpose.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

the devil has money to burn...

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home