Friday, December 02, 2005

Gigantic Mother Brain For President

I believe I have a new idea for a novel, an idea that came to me in a dream. I'm not sure what inspired it, but it may have been the recent discussion I had with my nephew. He is a good, God-ly man who shares my passion and faith in the Lord; and I like to think that I had something to do with the man he has become. We used to spend hours talking about the Bible and God; and at one point he was in danger of drowning in the evil that is moral relativism, momentarily believing that people who do not believe in Christ are still good and will still go to heaven. Luckily, I was able to convince him that such thought is wrong and is exactly what the Devil wants us to believe. I remember the moment vividly -- he was playing the old Nintendo game, Metroid, fighting this gigantic mother brain, while talking to me. That image, I think, is what inspired the dream.

The dream was this: I was living at some point in the near future, when the end times had begun, and society was falling apart. People were so corrupted by evil, democracy was working even less than it does now. As a result of it's failure, a multi-religional (not a word I know) group -- one Christian (me), one Jew, one Muslim, one Scientologist (Tom Cruise, of course), and a Buddhist -- got together to figure out what to do. We were all in agreement: people were not fit to rule themselves. On the other hand, the world was in such crisis, we needed an especially brilliant, righteous leader to rule it; yet we were all sure such a leader did not exist among mankind. I tried to argue with the rest of our group that we should just do our best to prepare for the Glorious Appearing, for when Jesus comes back to us, that because we were in the end times, there was no hope of ever finding such a perfect leader. But they would not listen. They decided, instead, to build a gigantic space ship to search out alien life and choose a lifeform much more brilliant and good and perfect than humans. So off they left, eventually coming across a dying planet that had been laid to waste by war and famine. There they found this gigantic mother brain who, because she was a gigantic brain, was so smart she convinced the group that she would be the perfect ruler for Earth. So they brought her back with them, and she took control of the world. And of course she was not a good ruler, but, instead, was evil and enslaved all of mankind and turned earth into a war zone, just like the planet she had been found on. I, however, gathered fellow Christians and we worked valiantly to defeat the evil mother brain. Eventually, a different mother brain arrived on our planet and defeated the evil brain. It turns out that the new mother brain was actually Jesus. And that's when I woke up.

Anyway, I thought that would make a really good basis for a novel. Not only would it be filled with adventure, it would have very deep themes and symbolism, the evil mother brain being a symbol for both science and false faith, like Islam and Scientology, and how they enslave mankind and will bring destruction upon the earth. People who insist on believing in such awfulness are like the Jew, Muslim, Scientologist and Buddhist who go looking for an alien to rule over earth. In any event, that's just what I've thought of thus far. I'm going to flesh out the idea a little bit in the coming weeks and months and see where it leads me...

3 Comments:

Blogger somnio said...

why are you so retarded?

4:27 PM  
Blogger Nathaniel said...

somnio -- did you really come up with that yourself? i can see Univ. of Richmond has taught you well. it figures you would be a supporter of the ACS -- anyone that supports activist judges obviously has the intellectual capacity of an idiot. their arguments are about as well thought out as "why are you so retarded."

4:51 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Interesting concept. It does actually sound like it would make an interesting story, especially if you were able to work the symbolisms so you were able to tell the multi-religious group were split into different sects without stating it overtly. (I think it would likely attract more readers that way). I think it has potential to make a very good novel.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home